Tuesday, August 12, 2008

What a Great Weekend











We visited my dear friend Lori and her family in Asheville the first weekend of August. Lori and I were in school together through elementary-high school. I haven't seen her since I was pregnant with Pickle. It was great to see her and her family, including her mom and dad and cutie pie O. I can't remember how many meals and glasses of sweet tea I shared with them growing up, and it was nice to visit and catch up with them--over some Georgia Cornbread and sweet tea :).

On our way to town we stopped at the Krispy Kreme where Pickle got to see HOT doughnuts being glazed. You'll see the box in a bunch of the pics.

We stayed with Matt's cousin Dell and her husband David in their beautiful home in Hendersonville. They were such wonderful hosts, and even had special toys for Pickle to play with. They really went above and beyond and we were so grateful. Thanks, guys! The pic of the boys together was one of David's shots--he's a wonderful photographer. Check out his work at his website Digital Eclectic Images. He also gave us a beautiful gift of this shot from his own wall. It now hangs proudly in our living room.

No comments: