
I love consignment sales. Nearly everything Pickle has ever worn has come from one. Many of his toys have too. Everything is always in excellent condition and CHEAP! My favorite sale is the For Every Season sale held twice a year at the local armory. I make every effort to be one of the first through the door. It is an unbelievable event with enough stuff to fill the armory twice over. They literally put out new stuff on Friday after having had the sale in progress for three full days.
This year, I scored nearly 60 items for just over $250 including tax. Most were clothes, but I also scored a Hungry, Hungry Hippo game for $2, two Leap Frog computers for $3 and $4 respectively, and the first and second box sets of BOB reading books (retail $16.99/each) mine for just $8. I did well this year to avoid buying a single dinosaur, truck or lego although many were to be had.
One of my favorite purchases has to be the cowboy boots for just $1.50. Yippee ki yay!
No comments:
Post a Comment